The Coplin Family

4.11.2012

Adele's 1st Birthday Party

I'm so running behind on blog posts but it's hard to find time with a busy busy toddler running around!  Plus, I really don't like to stay home most days and we try to get out and about.  The last thing I need to be doing is sitting at a computer!  After laundry, dishes, showering, picking up, cleaning, prepping dinner, loving on my husband, loving on God by a little quiet time in his Word...well, there's just not much time for blogging.  I know I need to make more time for it though and it's about to become less intense per blog, which will be easier on me.  I really hope to get back to meal idea Monday to showcase simple dishes that I try out.  They are mainly easy and cheap and based on what I bought at the store with coupons/sales. 

But all that is beside the point of this post!  

This is Adele's 1st Birthday!!  We kept it super simple and easy to attend by family by having it at the Coplin Farm (Luke's parents' home).  It was awesome to have many of the grandparents, great grandparents, great aunts and uncles, etc. there!  Adele is so blessed to have such great family to look up to and get spoiled by :)

SuSu and PaPa Jim!
 Cousin Eli (just 4 days older than her!)
 Cousin Brodye
 the spread - I made the smash cake, mini bundt cakes and chocolate cream cakes.  It was all very simple and inexpensive.  I used decrations from Adele's nursery and bought "manager's special" flowers.

 Presents!

 I made the Happy Birthday banner by tacking on her 12 monthly photos :)

I made a balloon wreath too :) Thank you pinterest!

 The balloon wreath will be a new tradition for every one's birthday!




She was pretty polite with it
 






Great Grandaddy
 ...and didn't cry when I took it away!  Probably because she had so much icing left over...


 Yeah, I sit weird.
 Great Mammaw, Pappaw, & Grandaddy




 sharing her gifts with cousin Eli




 Shoe obsessed.  Still is at 15 months
 Sweet pic of PaPa Jim





 She gets scared of certain figurines/stuffed animals


 ...but loves any lamby..kisses

 Her first "string of pearls"


Good night Moon read by PaPa Jim (recordable book)

 again, kisses for the lamby
 Oooo, presents!



Because my mom and sister were unable to come to the Jackson shower, 2 months later we had a joint birthday party with my niece, Marley, who was born on March 29th!  It was fun to do the smash cake and presents all over again :)  We also got to do an egg hunt and Adele loved it!




 Nana




 BBQ spread

 birthday cakes for the girls


 Marley
 My sis with the kids

 Cooper, Marley & Sydney











 so close to walking!








 Papa Ken & Nana

 Charley (Charity's dad) & Arlene


No comments:

Post a Comment