The Coplin Family

3.17.2012

12 months





















Aaaachoooo!



Ahhhhh







Teething!


Likes:
  • every single gift she got for Christmas!  
  • Nana and Papa Ken got her a 3-in-1 Little Tikes tricycle that she loves to ride around the neighborhood and "help" walk Pippet.
  • reading books over and over and flipping the pages herself
  • to pick up objects and twist and turn them over in her hands to examine whatever it is and then put it in her mouth
  • me singing to her to calm her down before a nap - "Jesus Loves Me" is still her fave.  She seems as if she's trying to sing herself sometimes
  • she loves to kiss her stuffed animals and dolls - and her parents :)
  • her medicine bottles - she carries an empty one around all the time to chew on
  • socializing with other babies - she really loves small babies and is drawn to them
  • her doll babies and stuffed animals

Dislikes =
  • cow's milk
  • for you to make her do anything (i.e. try to show her how to do a sign language by grabbing her hands - she pulls away)
  • if you don't let her chew on something she wants to chew on (i.e.phone, remote, metal)
  • when you walk away when she's trying to pull up on your pants, which is often since she is clingy from teething
  • putting clothes on
  • sleeping in foreign place/ not in her crib

Firsts =
  • I can't even write all the foods she has tried this month due to holiday meals!
  • She cut an upper tooth just left of her front left tooth...AND now all 4 top front teeth. shew!  rough
  • kissed mommy and daddy and Nana
  • she is so close to saying her first word - I'm guessing it will be dog (she tries to say it but it just sounds like ga)
  • Actually, her FIRST WORD was MaMa this month!  She says it to me sometimes and at pictures of me.
  • She's finally clapping and will do it on command...sometimes...by you asking her to "clap"

Development =
  • becoming much more closer to walking.  She only lacks the confidence.
  • crawling super fast.  She is one busy girl!
  • she says "Aguuu" and "GuhGuh" under her breath all the time.  Saying Mama, Baba and Dada still.
  • once I tell her what an object is she picks it up fast and will look at it when I ask her where ____ is.
  • She now spins on her booty by using her feet to spin her around.  It's so cute.
  • She is learning more animals and objects in her books and can point to them

Size =
  • 25.5 lbs
  • size 4 diapers
  • moving into mostly 18 month sleepers
  • 12 month clothes getting too small.  wears mostly 18 months - could probably wear 2T but I don't feel like buying more clothes yet!
  • size 4-4.5 shoe or 6-12 months

Personality=
  • she is becoming an independent/strong willed little girl, which is no surprise since I was very much that way
  • Thankfully, she still has Luke's happy, cheerful demeanor!
  • We have been told by several people that she is a busy girl.  I hope this only means she will be smart since she is curious and observant!  (it makes me feel better to say that since she wears me out and will even more so once she starts walking I'm sure!)

Eating =
  • She tried holiday foods (loved MeMe's mac n cheese and sweet potato casserole) and even mexican food with the Pitkanens!
  • She likes turkey deli meat, bread of any sort (get's it from Nana;), guacamole, nutrigrain bars, mac n cheese made with velveeta, YOGURT - she sometimes eats 2 a day because I cannot get her to drink her milk and I have to hide cheese in her turkey, apple juice
  • She does not like cold cow's milk, green peas, non-doctored green beans or potatoes of any kind, baby lima beans, eggs, babyfood that's not fruit.  I'm trying to find some pick up veggies she likes.
  • she doesn't like any of the Gerber toddler meals, which is fine with me, but it's just more work when we are in a pinch.
  • One of my babyshower presents was Bjorn hard plastic bibs that are super helpful in catching food!
  • Along those lines, I started using some tommee tippee divided plates that can be stuck on a suction cup that sits on the high chair.  I wanted Adele to learn she can't tip her bowl over.
  • We regressed back to the bottle so I could get any milk down her that I could thinking maybe she would get used to the taste.  She was drinking 3 6 oz sippy cups of formula a day and then topped off with an 8 oz bottle to bed last month.  As soon as I switched her to cow's milk in the sippy she started refusing all sippy cups even ones with juice and water in them because she thought it might be milk.  I would have to take the straw out and convince her it was juice/water.  So, as of right now, my mom convinced me that she would not be going to Kindergarten on the bottle, not to worry about it and just give her bottles, but the mood has to be just right for her to take them.  I give her one right when she wakes up while I'm changing her diaper (she holds it), and then try to give her one right before her first nap but she usually is still full and just wants juice in a sippy.  If she doesn't drink her bottle then then I try it right before her afternoon nap.  And then I also give her one to bed still.  All in all she consumes less than 20 oz. of cow's milk a day and 3 oz of juice mixed with 3 oz of water and sometimes more water.

Sleeping =
  • she needs her sleep - the holidays were tough not being in her own crib and all the stimulation
  • some days she sleeps lots and other days it's broken sleep due to teething pain.
  • Most nights are still 12 hr nights, but about 3-4 nights this month she has woken up in the middle of the night with pain (usually fromteeth, but sometimes we think it was her tummy because of all the new foods)

Us =
  • We found Christmas wasn't about us anymore and found it rather hectic to travel here and there and go to parties even if it messed up. However, it was totally worth it to see all the family!
  • Adele's schedule, which left us a little cranky, but that's okay - we made the most of it!
  • We got to visit our good friends that Pitkanens in Knoxville to see their new baby Nora!  We love them.  They used to live in Memphis down the street from us and we keep in touch with them.  They are those friends that you are always real with and can be yourself!  We miss them lots! (see pics below)
  • On our way back to Memphis from Knoxville I also got to see another precious friend from college - Vanessa.  She was in my wedding and I try to keep up with her!  She's my little nomad friend ;) 
Our Christmas Tree at home
Cute outfit from Great Aunt Cathy
Still crawling around and paci loving
ornament from Great Mammaw & Pappaw

We visited the Opryland Hotel.  It was neat to see it renovated after the 2010 flood.
Papa Jim

SuSu is hidden in there...








Christmas at Nana & Papa Ken's
Here is my niece, Sydney, and nephew, Cooper!










I love my little niece, Marley :)

backpack!



our gift to Nana





they were playing tug-a-war with the arrow that was actually gifted to Cooper!


auntie lovin







Christmas in Beech Bluff!  Adele got spoiled...
this is Luke's Christmas bib when he was little.






We love our lambies

The tradition holds strong!  Move over Mammaw...we got a new bow wear-er!


Aunt Court & Uncle Dal!

Adele said thanks for spoiling me y'all.









Pa & MeMe looking at their gift - a picture book
our first baby being rocked to sleep ;)
Cousin Eli!
Cousins! Brodye, Julia, Audrey & Eli


Great Grandaddy











In Knoxville with the Pitkanens to visit new baby Nora!  We love them :)

Adele & Merri Ryan

Cecile Gray and Nora

 Adele loves babies...






 not so great pic, but the best we could do!
 AND I got to visit my good friend Vanessa on our way back to Memphis!


Oh Tylenol, we love your magic and to chew on your bottle...

 curls!  This is after we blew dry her hair for the first time...
 very expressive
 Luke written all over her face here...


 cheers!




1 comment:

  1. love toget hernaked and get between her legs

    ReplyDelete