The Coplin Family

12.28.2011

11 Months

Pa helped us with this monthly photo shoot!  Only one more to go :(












Reaching for Mommy :)

Loves to hug stuffed animals :)





This video is of Adele hugging her lamb and then MeMe walks in with a towel on her head after showering and she gets scared and has a hard time getting over it ;)

So many things happened this month that I can't remember all that she is doing now that she wasn't doing last month.  She has been waving good bye for a while now, so I forgot that in the last post (but I've added it now).
Likes =
  • Luke's childhood brush, light up stick or lion rattle to keep her busy
    while I change her diaper.  It's really funny the face she makes when
    she puts the brush bristles to her mouth...I say "blaahhh" for her :)
    to chew on paper
  • to "share" anything and everything with me (Lindsey, her mom) - i.e. a
    piece of paper she just put in her mouth and will place to my mouth -
    yummy?
  • her telephone (but really is SUPER drawn to my phone and will ignore
    all toys and obstacles to get to my phone)
  • the bathroom scale - she gets really excited crawling to the bathroom to put pressure on the scale to see the numbers light up.  At least someone likes the scale.
  • to jump at the end of our bed while holding on to the footboard.  I put her on there (and watch her carefully) while I'm getting dressed.
  • her leapfrog drum - we have a percussionist! 
  • To be tickled and laugh still!  
  • The vacuum - she follows me around and tries to climb on it.  I have to be careful not to run her over!  I think she likes the light on it.

Dislikes = 
  • having her face wiped.  She cringes when she sees a paper towel or tissue come near!
  • I think we are growing out of the exersaucer and jumperoo - this girl doesn't want to be tied down!
  • Tickle me Elmo frightens her quite a bit.
  • the coffee bean grinder
Firsts = 
  • Took 2 unsupported steps
  • First Thanksgiving!  She did SO good traveling and socializing on little rest.
  • put her hair in a ponytail!
  • broke free from the infant tub and we put her in the bath tub with little sticky dots so she doesn't slide around.  She was climbing out of her infant tub and is crawling all over the bath tub right now and we're trying to teach her to just sit and play, but that's not translating too well.
Development = 
  • She is crawling super fast and is pulling up on anything and everything.  She is drawn to all things dangerous. 
  • She can stand on her own while holding toys but then get's scared and either falls to the crawling position or slams on her bottom.  She took 2 unsupported steps over Thanksgiving but I don't know if we can count those because we kinda forced them.  ha!
  • She is jabbering much more and says DaDa a lot.  Quite saying MaMa as much :(  She can make a Guh, Bah, and other jabbering sounds but she is not associating anything yet with speech.  She does really like the sounds the a cow, lion, dog and bear makes!
  • She can point to cats, dogs, lions, bears, noses and eyes in books and on her toys.
  • After we tell her someone's name a few times, then we can ask where that person is and she'll look at them and smile :)
  • She has eczema on her back, which doesn't surprise me with the weather getting cooler, heat being on, and the fact that I've had it before.  Bring on the Triple Paste Cream!

Size = 
  • bustin on out of the 12 month sleepers and on to the 18 month ones
    even though they are still a little long.  The others were pulling at
    the shoulders and were pinching her thighs :/
  • Size 4 diapers
  • 6-12 month robeez and pedipeds, which are also 4-4.5 size.

Personality =
  • I think this girl is going to be a tomboy the way she is so active, fearless, boisterous, and doesn't care if she's dirty.
  • I don't think her grin could be any bigger or come more frequent!  She's a happy girl and will give anyone - even a complete stranger - a smile.  She really brightens my day and reminds me to keep things simple, smile, and be happy!
  • Her nickname from me is probably pretty girl (unless I'm accidentally calling her Pippet, which happens often), but I mainly call her Adele.  Papa Jim calls her AC, Uncle Dal and Court say she's baby A, and Pa calls her delidog :)
  • She is just beautiful!  Her hair is getting so long and I'm seeing some curls in the back!  I'm holding out hope she will have a head full of curls like me.

Eating =
  • I'm still introducing sippy cups and I think I've found one that works (Kroger Comfort Brand soft straw sippy), so Adele still gets 4 bottles a day of formula.  Three 6 oz. bottles and one 8 oz.
  • She eats Yogurt, fruit baby food, or a banana for breakfast - we've also tried cheerios and organic breakfast bars, which was pretty messy.  
  • For lunch I've started introducing deli turkey meat and Gerber meat sticks - she seems to prefer deli meat, uh, and I would too after smelling those meat sticks. yuck.  I also serve her steamed peas but she is not crazy about them.  
  • Dinner is a veggie or veggie plus meat baby food, but she's losing interest in the mush but doesn't exactly like the chunky baby food.  She'd rather pick the food up herself.  I'm trying new foods to see what she likes.

Sleeping = 
  • She has to have a paci in one hand when she goes down for the night
    and she rubs it on her eyes to relax herself.  I'm finding that her
    "attachment" item is a paci and not a "lovey" which will be HARD to
    remove...any ideas to help replace the paci already?
  • Naps are usually 2 (one hour and a half one and the other 1.5 to 3
    hrs) a day and they have been wonderful!  I think moving around has
    made her tire herself out more.
  • Still sleeping 12-13 hrs. a night without interruption and usually plays in her crib up to an hour in the mornings.  Love this stage!
Us = 
  • Luke and I ran the St. Jude Half Marathon together!  We were both struggling with knee pain but ran it in 2:37.  That's not so great compared to our previous times, but we didn't train as hard this time, I had to take a potty break and we stopped to talk to his parents who brought Adele to see us!  It was so sweet to see her there healthy as I ran and thought about all the unhealthy kids that go through St. Jude hospital.  It was nice to have a purpose to run but I'm glad it's over.  I was hoping to lose weight from all the running but I really didn't.  I still have 10 lb to get back to my pre-baby weight.  I don't know if I'll get there, but I just need to do more resistance/strength training.



 in the bottom left corner you can see me pointing to Luke in this pic ;)





  • We both agree this is the happiest we've been in a long time - possibly ever!  Adele bring so much joy to our already existing relationship and has caused an ever deeper bond between us.  I know marriage is something you always have to work on and grow in and I want to be very aware that Adele doesn't become our idol and center of the family.  

  • That being said, I have to admit my relationship with God is not exactly the deepest it's ever been or I'm not spending as much time studying the bible or praying as I'd like, but at the same time I'm feeling close to God.  
Some other pics this month...

Adele and her good friend Emma (she was pictured last month with her mom, my friend, Bre)

This was an attempted photo shoot over Thanksgiving for Christmas pictures for mom aka Nana and Papa Ken.  The weekend was crazy and fun!  We, sadly, didn't get any pictures over at my dad's house with SuSu and her daughter, my step-sister, Leigh and her husband Patrick and son Bo.  It was a busy house and weekend needless to say!!  We all ran on little rest, laughter, FOOD, and a little wine ;)  It was a great weekend overall and we capped it off with a relaxing trip to Beech Bluff.  I love spending time in open land, but I also love coming back home to Memphis.
This was the keeper :)  Sydney, Cooper, Adele & Marley cousins






Our sweet girls :)
Nana with the grandkids


Aren't they beautiful?

Love this one.  Cooper is so sweet to the babies.







My sweet sister, Charity, and I holding our sweet babies
You may notice this was our Christmas card picture.  However, that's a long story I'm not going to get into...sorry if you didn't get one this year!


After Nashville, Adele became more chatty cathy because of all the activity.  She even became more interested in walking.  Here we are in Beech Bluff on the Coplin farm!  Luke and I immediately wanted to get out on the land.  We wanted to take Adele but she needed to rest.  Next time!
Pappaw and Mammaw leveled out the land and got rid of one of their ponds so we had to scope it out.
Well look who we found!
Me and my life long love
Up on the hill is Luke's childhood treehouse
Mammaw came over later that day to bring Adele her Christmas ornament!

She didn't know what to think ;)
Next blog is about Christmas...sorry I'm behind!  Aren't I always :)

No comments:

Post a Comment