The Coplin Family

11.20.2011

10 months













Dramatic, no?
I just can't help but laugh!!
...and we're back thanks to duckie







 Eskimo kiss snuggles :)



 how about that concentration?




Likes = 
  • to be tickled under her chin and on her thighs and sides of of her tummy.  She will throw that head back so you can get under that chin just right - so fun!  I love her cackles. 
  • to playfully scream to get attention
  • Peek-a-boo
  • Jesus Loves Me song
  • to flap her arms
  • Any toy she can stand up on - activity table, block or a sit to stand walker that a friend is letting us borrow 
Dislikes = 
  • still HATES her face or snotty nose to be wiped
  • Loud noises when tired or hungry or the combo (which includes Pip's bark now)
  • she is starting to not like the exersaucer and jumperoo because it causes her to be stationary
Firsts = 
  • inchworm crawling to straight up CRAWLING by the end of this month
  • This may have happened last month but she "waved" for the first time...to an African American woman in Arby's.  Yes, to a stranger, not a family member...ha!  She loves her juicy ladies :)
  • walking everywhere you will let her by holding her hands (assisted)
  • pulling up from sitting and crawling position - cannot get back down too well yet (found out how to get back down at the end of the month - those 2 weeks of her not being able to get herself down were rough while in her crib and playing.  I was having to constantly get her back down)
  • So, that being said, pulling up in her crib
  • BABBLING, finally!  She is said in this order: "Baba" then "Mama" and ocaaaaasionally has said "Dada"
Development = 
  • Passing toys from one had to another
  • holding a toy in both hands and banging them together
  • cruising around stand up toys
  • pulling up from sitting position without a blink of an eye
  • straight up crawling now
  • walking with the walker toy
Size =
  • Had to move up to Size 4 diapers
  • out of 9 month sleepers completely and only using 12 month but they are getting too tight.  18 months are too long.
  • 18 month onsies
  • out of size 6-12 month shoes because her feet are too thick - I have to make the elastic around her Robeez (pliable leather) shoes bigger due to her cankles ;)
Personality = 
  • she is really exploring more and noticing more of her surroundings
Sleeping = 
  • Naps are all over the place!  Some days it's 1 big one and a cat nap and then other days it's 3 over 1 hr naps.  Confusing.  Still trying to push her to a schedule, but at the same time give her what she needs.  I don't want a sleep deprived baby.
  • On that note, I cannot forcer her to take naps.  I rarely rock her to sleep now and she won't let me. In my arms she will try to get out of them toward the crib or thrust her body back into the laying position about jumping out of my arms into her crib!  So thankful she can put herself to sleep in her own crib but I do miss the cuddles.  We still cuddle when reading before nap time and when she is just pooped out I hang on to her longer than needed ;)
  • I do use her projector mobile (that projects pictures on her ceiling) and plays music to get her to calm down in her crib.
  • Still sleeping well at night (10.5 - 12.5 hrs) and not waking up but maybe 2-3 times this month in the middle of the night due to stuffy nose or teething?
  • Not going to sleep as well in the nursery because, again, she is becoming more aware of her surroundings and she doesn't want to be rocked - I have to stand, walk, and "spin" around to make her close her eyes.
  • Random sleeping positions but she'll eventually slip to her belly with her butt in the air and her arms tucked under her belly:

  •  She'll start out sleeping on her back and then eventually roll to her tummy.  I often find her with one leg up on the bumper - pretty funny.
Eating = 
  • eating even more now!  Back to 8 oz. bottles 4 times a day.
  • tried to introduce the 3PM bottle via sippy cup and that has not gone over well yet.  The sippies have a much slower flow than her level 3 bottle nipples.  Eeek!  Dr. said she should be bottle free by a year old.  Must.Keep.Trying.
Us = 


  • Luke's 10 year reunion - boy is that a reality check!
  • My thyroid is now NORMAL!!  Pray that my body will catch up with my balancing hormones (still haven't started my period).  I'm also hoping this leads to weight loss :)
  • My hair is falling out like CRAZY and I'm getting all this new growth - hello whispies!
  • I forgot to blog this last month, but we went camping on Luke's family land.  I always see this as a retreat and it was even more fun to have some friends along with us!

........................................................................

Here are some other random pictures from this month!

 She was a leopard for Halloween because I already had the shirt from a consignment and I found the headband for $1.50, so I figured this year we would go simple :)
 Adele's friend Emma (daughter of my friend Bre) was a ballerina

 Bre & Emma

 Our friends Priest and Marion

 Dog n Cat

  One weekend in October just Adele and I went to Nashville to hang out with Nana and Aunt Charity and all of the cousins.  It was so crazy busy that we didn't even get a picture of my mom and Charity!!  We will do better over the holidays hopefully!  I didn't have Luke the camera man with me...

We did get to go to the downtown library for a Jazz puppet show and then ate at Pancake Pantry where Adele tried her first eggs and loved them!  (she'll eat anything)
Afterward we were pleasantly worn out :)

  Here Adele is with her cousin Marley
 Aren't they precious?
 Poor Marley ended up having an ear infection :(
 Her sweet brother (my nephew) Cooper and Marley
 Cooper decided she should be a super hero with a cape ;)  Doesn't seem she's too sure of it.
 "My what pretty hair you have"
 Preety eyes :)

 Busy times with 4 kids in the house!
 Poor Sydney ended up having an ear infection as well :(
 Adele still LOVES to read books...especially ones with peekaboo flaps or touch and feel.  Totally didn't mean to match shirts...
I did get these of mom with Adele with my cell phone.  Adele loves her Nana and I love you mommy for selflessly taking care of us.



We have lots of fun with Papa Jim and SuSu.  Adele especially loves his interesting mouth hairs ;)



A pit stop in Jackson on the way back to Memphis.
Why hello Pa!
 again, very interested in mouths at the moment
 MeMe & Pa

Adele is standing up on everything and having fun feeling accomplished!  This is an 18 month outfit by the way...
 here we are with the normal wake up happies!  she bounces at the edge of her crib.
 Sweet snuggles after her second round of the flu shot...poor baby didn't feel good so I napped with her.
 Looking cute in a jacket MeMe got her
 We have SO much fun together during the day.  I never imagined being a SAHM (Stay at Home Mom) being this enjoyable, busy, and gratifying!!  Special thanks to Luke for making all of this possible
 After getting caught running in the rain
 Cutie Pie - she LOVES this activity table I got her from consignment for what? $15 (normally $50)
 MeMe and Pa bought her her first Halloween outfit and book :)

I think I will continue to say this, but having Adele in our lives just keeps getting better and better.  She is more and more fun and I love seeing her personality develop.  We are so thankful to have a healthy girl and I do not take her for granted.  I mostly am thankful that God gives me grace daily as a lover of Him, a wife, and a mother.  I am not perfect nor do I post this blog to show only the perfect-ness that God has given us.  I am a rotten sinner that is saved by grace.  He shows me grace by blessing me with a wonderful husband and a sweet baby girl...
My how she has grown...


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great update! Miss Adele is just a cutie pie, and I'm glad you are enjoying your time with her. I love getting to stay home with Jon and watch him grow up. Can't wait to read about Adele's first Thanksgiving : )

    ReplyDelete