The Coplin Family

12.30.2010

33 weeks

This week Adele is about the weight of a pineapple and about 17 inches long.  It's weird to think that is fitting in to me, but when I look at pictures of myself it looks like way more is in there...and I know there is with fluid and stuff.  Especially since I'm measuring heavy on fluid.  Anyway, needless to say cutting up a pineapple last night was a little awkward.  All I could think about is that my baby weight this much - and that I was cutting it.  Moving on.

Just a little update on my body - I have developed numb, sore hands sometimes due to fluid retention - I just lift them in the air and shake them.  I am peeing 3-5 times a night - well, the 5 times was a little excessive because I drank so much right before bedtime.  Speaking of drinking - I'm super thirsty!  We are doing some detox at the Coplin Commune due to all of the holiday food that left us feeling yucky - bought a lot of fruit and veggies to fill us up on some water!  Recent cravings: clementines, banana with peanut butter, pineapple and vegetable laden pastas and soups.   I assume that my body is wanting all the water it can get.

Adele is moving around - this week I feel more of her feet towards the middle of the right ribs and I believe her booty is at the top of my belly (creating a shelf).  I think I was nauseous on Monday because she was moving so much.  Does this mean she might be head down?  I think so.  I feel her hiccuping, well, down there...My crotch is starting to hurt again, so I'm guessing she is head down and causing some pressure.  I have a Dr. appointment next week and maybe she can confirm that.  Here is what Luke captured of "the shelf" the other night.  I normally don't post bare belly pics, so this is a first, but I thought it was neat - don't judge.  Luke is starting to get the hang of the new 50mm lens we got for Christmas from his parents!
On the WAHM side of things...My company still hasn't found a replacement for me while I'm on leave or someone to work part-time when I slowly come back to the grind (from home of course).  Speaking of that.  I have really been thinking it would be nice to start working from home at the beginning of February so that I can work all of the kinks out and so I'll be prepared at home with everything if I go into labor.  Still need to talk to boss man about this though...

Christmas over the past 2 weekends was awesome!!  I cannot even begin to list all of the fun goodies we received.  So special to spend time with family.
Here we are in Nashville at my dad and Susan's for Christmas.  
We then hopped over to my mom & Ken's.  I got to see my sister for the first time really with a bump!!  She is 7 weeks behind me.  It was special :)  Marc and my nephew, Cooper, read the Christmas story for us.



This past weekend we celebrated Christmas in Jackson, TN - Luke's hometown.  Here are some pictures from that.  We spend Christmas Eve at Mammaw & Pappaws, Christmas morning at Luke's parent's house, and then Christmas evening with Grandaddy.  Sadly, no pics from Grandaddy's!

Before baby to-do list winding down!  Here's what's left for me to finish up in January - lots of little things that add up BIG!  We shall be busy...
  • Wash baby clothes and linens (will wait until after the Jackson baby shower to do this)
  • Come up with birth plan and how we are going to communicate to the outside world once Adele arrives
  • Interview our pediatrician - Dr. Blake Bergeron
  • Install carseat and get checked at fire station
  • Put BOB adapter on so we can be ready to go!
  • Get breastpump from my friend and learn how to use it.
  • Finish reading breastfeeding book and babywise - skim What to expect the First Year
  • Pack bag for hospital
  • Make/freeze meals 
  • Get my hair highlighted and trimmed
  • Set newborn photo-shoot date
  • hang Ball pendant light (once glider comes in to know appropriate height)
  • Buy this ASL art work and this 14x17 frame - order extra frame to hang homemade artwork that will include Adele's full name, birth-weight, length, time of birth, etc.
  • Prep and hang old window to put monthly photos of Adele in
  • Consider replacing our blinds with these cellular shades
  • Catch up belly book
  • Make lumbar pillow applique with leftover chevron fabric - ribbon addition to tie in colors
  • Make labels for totes out of leftover chevron fabric
I'm in search for the perfect going home outfit.  One thing to keep in mind is that it's going to be COLD.   I did find this perfect headband for newborn photos and plan to take it to the hospital :)

These 2 are super cute too!
Loving this cameo one
And this vintage one is cute too!
Be looking for a New Years post next :)

1 comment:

  1. Lindsey, you are so cute! I can't believe you are already 33 weeks! I know you are getting so excited. You are going to be the best little mama ever. LOVE THE NAME!

    ReplyDelete