The Coplin Family

7.26.2011

6 Months ~ Happy Half Birthday! So much to report!!

For her half birthday I put together a collage of all of her monthly pictures so far.  It is SO neat to see how she has progressed.  She has developed SO much this month!!  God has watched over our family and been so faithful to provide health!
She smiles with her whole face :D  You can tell she is smiling when you are behind her because you can see the tops of her cheeks raise - adorable!!!





These next few pictures are of a ring that my Aunt Linda (my mom's sister) gave Adele in addition to a doll shawl.  These are VERY special because they belonged to my Granny Kee, a.k.a. Adele Kee, a.k.a. Adele's great grandmother.  The ring are the stones from great grandmother Adele's wedding rings combined with Aunt Linda's garnet birthstone, which baby Adele shares with her!  Aunt Linda had it made a long time ago and has had it in a lock box since, but pulled it out to give to Adele.  Talk about SPECIAL!  I cannot wait to give it along with the doll shawl to Adele someday with the note Aunt Linda wrote.



Love this shot - thanks Luke!

 The lamb shot for size comparison....look at the difference from now and 1 month - just WOW.  Different baby.  Praise God!


 Well hello lamby...
 Oh the fountains of spit up have still not stopped.
 Lamby, you look tasty


 T.R.O.U.B.L.E.
 FEET!

 Talking

 I need to explain this doll.  This is also from Aunt Linda.  It was one of her baby gifts to her.  It was one of the last "church dolls" that great grandmother Adele made.  She was an avid crocheter.  She taught me to crochet when I was little, but I only wanted to make one big link and wind it into a ball...who knows.  I just LOVE having this little doll for Adele to take to church.  They are called church dolls because when you drop them they don't make noise because they are soft (everywhere but the face and hands)!  The sweet little bottle sticks in the sweet little baby doll mouth.  Love it!  It's just so retro and soooo meaningful.
 Saying, "whoooo"

 Sassy is all worn out.

Likes = 
  • being sung to - prefers "This Little Light of Mine," "Jesus Love Me," "Favorite Things," and "ABCs" - when I sing to her when she's sleepy I hold her close and she sometimes lets out a "huhhhh(haha)" - melts my heart!
  • Music in general!!  I looked into Kindermusic but it's so dang expensive! We'll stick to the Exersaucer music and my singing for now ;)
  • us jumping on the bed over her while she's laying down - giggle fest
  • being kissed and eaten ;) - giggles so much when I eat her cheeks!
  • baths - kicking and splashing so much she is bucking herself off the infant insert in the tub.  Too bad she cannot sit up on her own well enough to just sit her in the water
  • The JUMPEROO!!
  • reaching for faces and lightly touching them as well as hands
  • to stand up supported. I think she likes to be able to see everything from a clear viewpoint and it enables her to be more social.  A lot of people tell me she is a very social and attentive baby!  I agree.  Luke and I are the same way.
  • Me reading books to her right before nap times
  • the way I hold her over anyone else - she's starting to really want me :)
  • for daddy to sit and relax with her
dislikes = 
  • still doesn't like right after bath
  • getting overtired and getting to bed too late
  • being woken up from a nap unexpectedly and she's not ready to wake up
  • not being able to go back to sleep in the middle of the night
  • being left to play alone for too long
Size = 
  • size 3 diapers
  • can still fit into 6 month sleepers, but can easily wear the 9 month sleepers and one 6-12 month sleeper
  • in 6-9 month and 9 month clothes
  • still in newborn shoes, but doesn't wear shoes or even socks often because it's so dang hot here!!  
Weight:

I haven't been very good at keeping up with her weight now since she is more than caught up.  I guess I'm not as worried!  She's a healthy girl!
I did get weight checks when she was sick and at her 6 month check up:
6/17 17 lb 8 oz.
7/1 18 lb 3 oz
7/8 18 lb 9 oz.
(um, she still gained half a pound in a week - whoa!)


Firsts = 
  • rolled from her back to her belly but still doesn't love being on her belly to play (fists still clinch and she doesn't reach for many things on her belly).


    • I guess the video is too long to upload to this blog, so here is the link of her rolling over the first day :) http://youtu.be/kzLxC97mZ4Q
  • independently picked up her paci and put it in her mouth a few times
  • blowing rasberries
  • Ate sweet potatoes.  Started rice cereal back at the beginning of 5 months
  • slaps her hands, kicks her feet, and talks all the time now - still a non-motivated/chill baby compared to most with killer social skills.
  • is making woooh, whooo, gaa, waaa, yaaa, booo, gruuu, gooo and geee sounds so far (I'm sure some other foreign sounds)
  • she's now a supported sitter and stander.  She is not pulling up yet though.
  • Got a cold that turned double ear infection and left eye infection - first real sickness that called for antibiotics (took Amoxicillin)

Eating = 
  • Yay for a new and awesome schedule that she (and I) love!  She eats 8 oz. bottles every 4 hours and rice cereal (started sweet potatoes toward end of month) once a day an hour before her last bottle/bedtime.  She takes a bath right after her food and right before the bottle. 
Sleeping = 
  • Praise God for advice via books!  I skimmed "The Baby Sleep Solution: A Proven Program to Teach Your Baby to Sleep Twelve Hours a Night" by Suzy Giordano!!
  • She is a completely different baby on this 4 hour schedule. period. love. it. and so does she!
  • We started letting her Cry It Out (CIO) on 6/12 and dropped the swaddle so she could soothe herself with her fingers and roll on her side.
  • I can lay her down awake and most of the time she can get herself to sleep without me going back in there.
  • Adele is in her crib 11-12 (sometimes longer) a night!  And takes much deeper/better naps during the day!  Usually 2 longer ones and one cat nap in the evening.  Sometimes one of the naps - usually the morning one - can be 3 hours long if I put her down after only being awake 1.5 hours instead of 2 (see schedule below)
  • She still has night wakings every now and then - usually around 3 or 4, but usually wakes up talking and gets frustrated that she cannot get back to sleep.  Sometimes we do go in a pop the paci in just because it's quicker.  One time I saw her find her paci and put it back in...can I get an amen?
  • Here is what our schedule looks like:

wake 7 - 9
  • Start warming her bottle at 6:45 in really hot water
  • don't let her wake up fussy.  Teach her to be in a good mood when we wake and that she won't get picked up fussy.  We get to chose her wake time.
  • eat at 7 (8 oz bottle)
  • play hard from 7:30 - 8:30 - include tummy time starting around 8 so her food  has time to settle.
  • take a walk around 8:30 before it's too hot and the walk relaxes her
sleep 9 - 11
  • if she falls asleep in the carseat I put it in her crib.
  • if she doesn't, then I put her on her back unswaddled
  • it's okay if this nap is only 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours, but try to pacify her or flip her on her tummy if she doesn't seem to be happily waking up
  • start warming her bottle at 10:45 in a cup of really hot water
wake 11 - 1 (eat at 11)
  • eat at 11 (8 oz bottle)
  • play hard from 11:30 - 12:30 - include tummy time around noon if not on errand.
  • run errands at noon if needed
sleep 1 - 3 
  • It's okay if this nap lasts longer than 2 hours
  • Put her on her belly for this nap so that she rests longer since she will have to be up for the remainder of the night
  • start warming her bottle at 2:45 in really hot water
wake 3 - 7 
  • eat at 3 (8 oz bottle)
  • play hard 3:30 - 5:30 (this time can be spent in exersaucer while cooking or can be going shopping)
  • eat food at 6 - rice cereal with formula and/or jarred babyfood
  • bath at 6:30
  • dress for bed 6:45 - nighttime lotion, overnight diaper, pjs (onsie or footed sleep depending on weather), swaddle bottom half of body
  • eat at 7 (8 oz bottle) - she will more than likely fall asleep at the bottle, but try hard to get the last burp out of her.  Put her on her back with bottom half swaddled
Sleep 7-7  Hopefully she will sleep long and hard for 12 hours :)


Me =
  • Feeling so much better with some sleep and my thyroid meds!!!
  • Loving being home with Adele to help her progress developmentally and get on a good schedule.  
  • On the same note, my job never ends and I've had a hard time making time for myself and time deep in God's Word and in prayer.  Makes me sad, but I need to view myself in God's grace and move on and do my best daily to be in His presence. 
  • Luke and I got to play golf with my dad and his wife Susan!  It was SO great to get on the course and not think about being mommy.  So thankful for my Aunt Grace keeping Adele :)
  • I had my 26th BIRTHDAY.  So strange.  I just feel like a wife and a mom - not any age.  Luke treated me well :)  I got a facial by my friend at the Cosmetic Market and got a whole new skin care regimen going. It's a mix of Therapy and Mario Badescu face care products.
We went to the BEACH!!  We are so thankful that we made a pretty much last minute decision to drive to the beach, rent a vrbo (vrbo.com) for 3 nights and bring Luke's parents along with us (Pa and Meme). We spent all day Saturday traveling, stopping to break, unpacking, etc.  The next 2 days were spent on the beach and out to eat - one of the nights Luke and I got to go on a date night while Pa and Meme watched over Adele sleeping - glorious!  Much needed.  We are so thankful for the break and for family time.  Here are some lots of pictures.
Our view from the 23rd floor.
 Adele's first time seeing the beach.
 we went to the pool in the mornings


 and the beach in the afternoons

 We went to

 Luke and his parents went down to the beach early one morning to fly the kite we gave his dad for Father's Day.




 The second morning in the pool


 We spotted dolphins that afternoon and Luke got this one jumping out of the water on our camera from our balcony.
 We decided to take pictures on the balcony rather than get sandy and hot on the beach.  Luke was trying to set everything up and I didn't realize he was still taking pictures, but I love that sweet little Adele still likes me to hold and cuddle her sometimes :)







 Okay, I love the progression of the 3 pictures below.  I try and act stupid so that Adele would laugh/smile but I think I made Luke's parents crack up. ha!!










Money "feetsies" shots by ME!  I was impressed with myself :)




 Meme - love these indoor photos
 Pa - dimples :)

 If only I had make up on this could have been a future card...shoot


While I we were at the beach I found out I won a nursery photo contest via parenting.com and published in the Baby Talk Magazine.  I got 5th place and got a small prize pack of a diaper pail among other little goodies.  It was gratifying to win!  Here is the blog and what the designers had to say about me :)

http://www.parenting.com/blogs/show-and-tell/holly-babytalk/nursery-week-modern-thinker

Here are my own pics of it that I sent in.  It looks slightly different than what it did when I posted about it previously when she was still in the NICU. 

This was my infant baptism gown - it is way too small for her and she will not be wearing it :(




On the way back from the beach I stopped in Northport (near Tuscaloosa) to get my teeth prepped for at-home whitening, which was a gift from my sister and her husband/my brother-in-law, who is a dentist!  It was good to spend time with their family and have Adele around her cousin Marley who is 3 months old!










Lastly, we celebrated Adele's first 4th of July this month.  We went to our neighborhood's parade, which included a firetruck that sprayed the kiddos afterward.  We did not participate in the sprinkles this year, which I'm sure Pippet appreciated.  I am glad we sat and watched instead of marching around the neighborhood in the actual parade.  It was a scorcher already and I was drenched with humidity and sweat.  Also, Adele was a little overwhelmed and overtired since 9:30 is her latest nap time start in the morning and this thing started at 9AM!



 Notice the red, white and blue...


 fire truck sprinkles

    No comments:

    Post a Comment