The Coplin Family

7.12.2011

5 Months

For those that follow me, sorry this is so late!  I actually almost have her 6 month done as well, but I'm having a hard time keeping up with this and play with my fun baby!!  These are truly 5 month pic and I'll get the 6 month post up soon :)   I can barely remember everything that happened during this month of her life already!!


 Giggling
 Range of emotions (such a girl) - pouty

 Rasberries!
 So tired by this point...no more fun

I don't know about this...

Rubbing of the eyes


 Look at those chunker legs!!!

This month we went back to the Matt and Lenox Warren's home for Matt's birthday party!  It was so fun and I love hanging out with them and everyone.  I'm telling you...their boy Worth is making moves on Adele! ;)  I love that these babies will grow up friends because we love their parents.

  Hadley gettin the moves too!  


My first Mother's Day.  It was so special and it made me think about this:

Happy Mothers Day to my sweet mom and mother-in-law. Being a mom has helped me understand love and selflessness even deeper. I love you Adele!
and

Another thought about Mother's Day...there is no way I could be the mother that I am without the support of my family members and Luke Coplin - Adele and I love you!
This is the only picture of me and Adele we got on Mother's Day.  Oops.  It is a fun picture of all of the mom's with babies in our Sunday School class that were there that Sunday.  There are plenty more babies on the way!  It's so neat to have women in my stage of life to share this season with.

I did snap this during Sunday nap time


We did, however, go and get pictures of the historic flood.  The Mississippi River was the highest it's been since 1937, so we decided to drive to it and see the damage with ice cream cartons in hand ;)  There has been so much crazy weather and storms this month!!

 jet skiers





 the ampitheater we saw the OCMS/Willie Nelson concert at was underwater
 sand bags


Adele had her first spoon feed at the beginning of 4 months.  She wasn't quite ready, so we only tried about 4 days.  When we tried carrots it seemed to upset her stomach, so we'll try again at the end of this month/beginning of 5 months.  This is just practice anyway.
Pushing most of it out...





And she got in the exersaucer.  She has recently learned to turn the blue, yellow, and green knobs.


Still hates Tummy time but will tolerate it for a minute or so.  She is not spreading her fingers out yet and putting her palms flat.  She gets tense and balls her fists up because she hates this.  How sweet is this gown (look at the back of it- "The LORD is my shepherd")?  This is also a good picture of her balding in the back.





First trip to the Peabody with our good friends from Arizona, Zack and Amanda in town.  I blogged about us going to their wedding in Arizona last April.









Likes = 
  • being pat on the booty to go to sleep
  • being talked to - social situations
  • bath time
  • Rub her hands and feet together while she is being fed a bottle
  • African Americans - sounds strange, but she loves black news anchors and anyone passing by.  She tries to talk to them immediately.  Love it!
dislikes = 
  • right after a bath being cold and having to get out of the bath
  • getting dressed
  • being tired, yet still awake
  • being left alone to play
Size = 
  • size 2 diapers and size 3 overnight diapers. size 3 diapers by the end of this month
  • 6-9 month clothing, some 3 month sleepers, but mainly 6 month sleepers
  • still in newborn shoes
Weight:
 5/7   14 lb 1 oz
5/13  14 lb 12.5 oz
5/19  15 lb 4 oz
5/21  15 lb 7.5 oz

Firsts = 
    • started to notice hands more and reached for/slapped toys in the exersaucer at the end of this month
    • rolling from belly to back a handful of times
    • can put her paci back in her mouth better
    • She can really put weight on her legs now - before she was just lazy about it and it was more of a quick reflex
    • sitting in her high chair
    • EATING - rice cereal, oatmeal, then we tried carrots once, but that seemed to upset her tummy, so we stopped food altogether until we can figure out a better eating/sleeping schedule
    • Slept through the night for the first time on 5/27!!! But back to being frustrated about sleep the 1st of June
    • She's learning to talk and play in her crib alone
    • the pool - she is a water baby!

    Eating = 
    • 6-7.5 ounces every 3 to 3.5 hours.  first feeding is the biggest
    • Still trying to figure out whether or not to "dreamfeed" her that last feed or move up her last feeding time.  
    Sleeping = 
    • unpredictable.
    • frequent night wakings - too many to count and I can't believe we are still dealing with this at this age.  
    • She cannot get herself back to sleep - needs paci
    • breaking out of the swaddle but seems to need it to sleep.  After she gets one arm out it's only a waiting game for her to get the other out and wake up and be inch-worming her way all over the crib on her back (unhappily)
    • Not sleeping on the go in her carseat.
    • Not napping well - short, unsatisfying naps
    • Dr. told us we should not feed her in the middle of the night at her 4 month check because it would only create a bad habit - she didn't need those extra calories.  So, this caused many sleepless nights because it would be easier to just feed her a bottle to put her back to sleep.
    Me =
    • I went to the Endocrinologist after my OBGYN took some detailed blood work and did an ultrasound to make sure everything was okay.  Well, my uterus is okay (still haven't started my period - no, not pregnant), but my blood work came back off.  My blood work indicated a high level of hormones.  I went to the endocrinologist and he did extensive blood work and a throat ultrasound that confirmed that I had hyperthyroidism.  Hyperthyroidism runs in my family - my grandmother (dad's mom) passed away from a thyroid storm (hyperthyroidism to the max).  However, my problem is being caused by thyroiditis - swelling of the thyroid, which causes it to leak extra  hormones, so hopefully it will subside on it's own and I don't truly have hyperthyroidism naturally.  We'll see when I go back for a check up in August.  I'm on 2 different twice daily hormone blocking meds for now, which are making me feel TONS better.  It's amazing how small the thyroid is but how MUCH it effects your whole body.
    • My mom came and took care of Adele a few different Sunday afternoon - Monday afternoon and let Luke and I go on a date night those Sunday nights and it was SOOOO good to spend some alone time with him :)  
    • I got some yard work done and plants planted this month - feels good to have time and energy to make the house a home.

    2 comments:

    1. She is just too cute! Love the smiles : ) Thanks for the update on everyone. How are you settling in to life at home? It looks like you have a huge support network of other mom to help you out!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Oh, she is sooo beautiful! Great pictures!

      ReplyDelete