The Coplin Family

1.06.2011

34 weeks ~ 4 Year Anniversary

I DRAFTED THIS POST JUST A DAY BEFORE THE SURPRISE DELIVERY OF ADELE. I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE NEAT TO POST. I WILL DO ANOTHER POST ON THE DETAILS OF HER ARRIVAL AND UPDATES OF HOW SHE IS DOING IN THE NICU. THANKS FOR READING ANPRAYING FOR OUR FAMILY.

First I have to say I LOVE YOU LUKE.
Today is our 4 year Anniversary!!  It is so neat to see where God has brought us in life TOGETHER.  I could not do life without you.  You are a great husband - attentive to my emotional needs and help me in ways that I cannot even put into words.  You calm me down and help guide my thoughts when I get off track.  You are sensitive and are able to see the big picture when I get wrapped up in the little details.  You are going to a great father to a daughter. I look forward to loving each other more and more over the years and for our daughter to see that love and understand that this love is only possible by first loving our God.  That God is what holds together our marriage and makes us better lovers and parents.  Thank you for helping around the house so much and for helping me make our house a home.  You are so talented in handy work and are so patient with me when I get demanding.  Thank you for helping me relax more and enjoy the day.  I am so glad that God has given me a companion that enjoys doing activities outside.  I am so glad we can "just be" together at times, not say a word, but have such a fun time together. Thank you for taking the time to kiss me before you leave for work (even if you give a fake smile with it ;) and for making it a priority to hug me when you come home.  Thank you for being goofy when I get too serious.  Thank you for being caring and passionate (even when I don't want you to be sometimes).  Thank you for being so dern good looking and for thinking I'm pretty even when I look like poop.  Thank you for helping me see my depravity and also see myself better in the light of God's gracious eyes.  Thanks for just listening sometimes instead of giving advice when I know all you want to do is fix it and talk it out ;)  Thank you for talking things out when necessary when all I want to do is run and hide from the issue.  I am so glad you can clearly understand problems when I get muddied with emotion.  I would not be complete without you as we have become one over 4 years.  It's been hard but all worth it and ultimately the best blessing in life next to salvation.  I look forward to seeing how our marriage morphs into parnthood and know you will help us strive to continue to put God first, each other second, and then loving Adele as part of the "unit."  I will love you always.

Speaking of our daughter...Adele is probably around 5 lbs and moving a lot still, but not as much as last week.  Luke has been able to feel something sharp (i.e. elbow?) moving in the middle of my belly just to the left of my belly button (if I'm looking down at it).  That has been neat and he often falls asleep with his hand on my belly - so sweet.  These sentences are about to get brief and random, but stick with me.  I haven't had any Braxton Hicks contractions that I know of.  I have had 2-3 charlie horses over the past few months.  I am still very thankful for the pregnancy pillow that my friend let me borrow; however, rolling over it to get out of bed is getting much harder.  I craved cheese dip this weekend - we fulfilled that.  My hips have been hurting more (they feel like they are loosening/spreading out), but went on a 3 mile walk with my friend Lenox that felt great.  I started biting my nails again dang it!  I am swollen (mainly in the face and hands) - I'm still wearing my rings unless I exercise - hands are still going numb some.  I think I'm getting restless leg syndrome or I'm just getting anxious.  My bladder/continence is becoming less and less efficient.  Still no stretch marks.  Some days I feel ready for her to come - some I don't and get very overwhelmed.



I am nesting - washed clothes and blankets this past weekend even though I was planning on waiting on the 2 showers I have over the next 2 weekends.  Luke hung the Ball jar pendant lamp, mirror, and started working on some cellular, cordless room darkening shades we bought.  We had a few friends over for a last minute New Years Eve shindig.  We had fun and I made it til the midnight countdown!  The only big thing left for the nursery is the glider, which should come in by next week.  I think that's the end of this randomness.

Luke and I talked through the "birth plan" which ended up being more flexible than I thought and we will basically just trust the instincts of my doctor, but definitely communicate the importance of breastfeeding within the first hour to the nurses. 

I look forward to my shower here in Memphis with my friends this weekend!!  And that my mom and sister get to make this shower and stay with us!  I am sooooo thankful for all my friends here in Memphis.  God couldn't have blessed me with a better support group!!  2PC (our church) is full of great people who love the Lord and in turn love on people.  Particularly, our Sunday school class (Marriage 101 or referred to as M101), is pretty amazing.  I loved and look forward to sharing life with these people.  They are like family!

3 comments:

  1. So you already had baby Adele?! Oh I hope everything went well and you are both doing okay! I was just reading your 2010 recap the other day and was surprised by how similar it was to mine... finding out about baby in June, learning about having a girl in September...

    Wow, I can't believe you had her already!!! Hope everything is okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for posting such a sweet and loving post about your husband! We should all take more time to do that!

    Congratulations on Adele! I know this isn't how you imagined your first days with her, and that must be crazy hard on you guys. At the same time, how wonderful it is that earlybird Adele was born so strong and that she's able to receive the extra help she needs to get even stronger! She's a beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsey, can't wait to hear about the delivery and updates on Adele. Hope you still get to have your shower this weekend. Only more fun you can imagine her in everything! I know your mom is probably already there! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete