The Coplin Family

8.25.2010

15 weeks

This is what a baby the size of an apple will do to you...
I'm totally at that awkward stage in pregnancy where some people say.  "You don't look pregnant at all" and some say, "Cute bump" and I'm sure others that don't know I'm pregnant are thinking, "she's gaining some weight...probably eating too much."  Oh well, I'm trying to get over myself and take joy in the fact that I'm pregnant!  There's far greater things to worry about than feeling fat ;)  Pray for me to put truth in my mind!  Speaking of, I really need to finish my scripture memory flip book so I can get that Truth all up in my mind.  Word.

Little toot can sense light this week, is probably sucking his/her thumb, and is doing all sorts of flips in my belly that I cannot feel yet - hopefully soon!  I'm really getting excited now about finding out the gender!   And I just have to get this off my chest - sorry if this offends some.  I want to be held accountable.  Please let me never put a picture of only my ultrasound, dog, or baby as my profile picture on facebook, google, etc.  It just really hit me recently that those things are not my identity, so why would I would want to identify myself in that way?  I can understand pictures of you with those said items.  I know it's silly because it's only social networking...so we move on.  I realize that many of my friends have done/do this, so I must take this back.  Sorry friends!

Luke has been so darling this week.  He really is my best friend and I love hanging out with him.  He was gone all last week and I missed him.  He went grocery shopping with me on Monday night and looked down at my belly and said, "whoa!  you're pregnant!"  I just giggled.  When we got back home he initiated building the crib without me even asking him - what a great daddy!  He is so great :)

The bookshelf in the background is what I plan to paint white. 
 I wonder what she is thinking is going on...I think she is depressed! ha.
I will put more pictures up of the completed crib once we can get the dresser put together too.  I cannot even put the crib on its designated wall right now due to strewn dresser guts.  Yes, we are still waiting on the hardware...

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet little pup you have there! AND....not only is Luke gonna be a great Dad, but you are going to be a wonderful Mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lindsey - how fun to be pregnant! I'm so happy for you. I loved being pregnant (I had a very easy pregnancy though). And I do remember that awkward time when people were looking at me funny wondering if I had eaten too much or what. So I totally understand that. It will pass soon and everyone will be able to tell unmistakenly that you are preggers (that's fun!).
    And a comment on your facebook picture confession: I totally agree. I feel the exact same way and have been hesitant myself to put pictures of only Braddock as my profile b/c he is not me. I know that a lot of people do this... and I'm sure that it does not mean that for them - maybe it just strikes a different cord w/in us. Anyways - I just wanted to let you know I understand that too.
    Glad to see you doing so well and congrats on MISS toot!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are sweet Candace :) Congrats on a successful delivery!! Pregnancy has been pretty easy for me too - I'm very thankful! And thanks for backing me up on the FB pic confession...

    ReplyDelete