The Coplin Family

7.15.2010

9 weeks

This has been so much fun telling everyone our news!  What an exciting time to give God all the glory!!  I mean, becoming pregnant is such a miracle in itself.  Please still pray for me to have a healthy pregnancy.  I'm still early on, so you never know what can happen!  All I know is that God is sovereign and that He first prepared Luke's heart, then mine, and then my womb.  He is the giver and taker of life!  He knows what He is doing.

While reading the book "Calm my Anxious Heart" as previously noted, my selfish/controlling heart has been revealed to me.  Not that I hadn't noticed before, but it's always good to magnify your heart and study it, which I'm not very good unless someone keeps me accountable to it.  Luke's been veerrrryyy helpful with that ;) ha!  But I also have my group of girls (Whitney and Courtney) that have been going through this book with me - not that it's right, but it's sometimes easier to hear and share my dirty heart news from them.  One thing I realized this week is how I manipulate instead of minister to Luke - sorry babe!  My prayer is that I humble myself as a servant more and put his needs before my own, consider him above myself, respect his opinion, seeing him worthy of my praise no matter the circumstance, let no bitterness build up and go beyond forgiveness to love on him, and encourage him.  Those are big promises and I have a lot to work on, but I know only God can change my core.

Another thing that has stuck out to me is that tomorrow is not ours, it's God's!  Every second belongs to God, yet we walk on this earth constantly focused on ourselves.  It's so neat to focus on the positives in life rather than the few negative things we could complain about.  Okay, I could go on, but this book is rocking my world!  I highly suggest it.  Now back to pregnancy...

Here I am at 9 weeks.  I haven't taken a picture since we first found out (4 weeks) because I cannot tell much difference in the way I look, but I do feel more bloated (probably because all I want to eat is fried junk food - hah! but trying to keep that to a minimum ;)  Luke and I need to get better about recreating the exact scene/same angle/same lighting.  Any suggestions?  Maybe I need a different spot.  This is the future nursery that I'm standing in :)

I have been sleeping LOTS.  Saturday and Sunday naps are sooooo nice, but leave me a bit disoriented at the end of the day.  One benefit to the sleep is that it has been easier to wake up in the mornings, which has provided better quiet times and work out sessions.  However, I wake up at Luke's first blare of the alarm (that was 4:45 AM the other day), get aggravated, immediately have to get up to pee, and cannot go back to sleep ;)  I'm still drinking lots and have off and on head aches.  I refuse to take any medicine though.  I don't know - I've never been the medicine taking type, right mom? haha.  P.S. Who knew that gum would settle my stomach?  If I'm feeling like I cannot eat anything I pop in a peppermint gum and I feel better.

One fun thing I found this week was this lamp.  I am pretty sure it will end up in the nursery!  I just love the white funky base!!  (and the fact that it was cheap).

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for y'all. Love that book too! I read it when Carter was 5 months old, and it was great for me at that time. Your post was encouraging. Hope you continue to feel well!

    ReplyDelete