The Coplin Family

12.28.2009

Meal idea Monday: Pasta Penne Bake

This Pasta Penne Bake is so simple, cheap, and quick.  Good for the last minute put together or you can put it together and cook it later.  I have made it when large groups come over just in case they haven't eaten dinner.  Plus, it is meatless for the picky eaters.  It's a big hit!  These pictures are before baking - I somehow never get after pictures...



Pasta Penne Bake
1/2 box wheat ziti (or any tubular pasta)
1 lb. ricotta cheese (I prefer Breakstone's)
1/2 lb. shredded mozzarella (8 oz. - I would suggest doubling to 16 oz. if you like a lot of cheese)
1 jar marinara sauce (I prefer Prego traditional, but I've heard
Bertolli Olive Oil And Garlic Spaghetti Sauce is good too)

Mix Together in a 9X13 pan. 
Optional: sprinkle Italian seasoning on top for color
Bake 350 for 30 mins.

3 comments:

  1. Lindsey - what are your ideas on freezing this? I am desperately needing to start prepping and freezing meals in preparation for the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say it freezes, but my only question would be on the ricotta cheese because I heard that does not freeze too well. I say try it!

    ReplyDelete