The Coplin Family

9.19.2011

7 months





Check out that dimple on her right cheek!!
Only the beginning of motorboat

Excited!
double time!  motorboat and feet grab!



and...motorboat or maybe fart noise...

Motorboat, again
I just love that sweet, gummy smile :D
A-dorable

whispering fart noises to lamby


Eating the lamb now.


Just look at those chins!

I'm sorry, I can't get enough!
Pretty eyes



Likes = 
  • kisses, well, I LOVE to kiss and eat those cheeks and thighs.  I think I do it unconsciously but it does make her smile.
  • baths, still loves them!  She is now trying to sit up in the tub
  • she treats the exersaucer like it's her job - she can spin freely from toy to toy in it and loves to switch from toy to toy, especially when they are on the opposite side of each other.  It's so funny to watch her feverishly switch back and forth.
  • motor boat noise - obsessed!!  You can tell by her 7 month pics :)
  • likes to read books and snuggle right before nap times AND help turn the pages by holding my hand - sweet, precious time.  I'm reading the storybook bible (really, really neat gift from our friends, the Holbrooks.  It points towards the gospel in every bible story-great learning tool for me too!), goodnight moon (my childhood fave), Lulla-bye, Lulla-bye little one, the Babies Bible Friends, a lamb book that rattles and a Prayer soft book from Nanna.  Other ones too, but those are the main ones.
  • To slap an surface with her palm
  • Loves when she can make things play music (i.e. exersaucer, toys, you ;), etc.)
  • likes to be held upright on your chest more now than held sideways like a baby :( At least she still snuggles!
  • Sitting up well now and playing with toys
  • Loves to talk to Pippet (Wooooo....is what she says) and watch her play.  She couldn't adore her more I don't think - Pippet barks at her jumperoo some while she's in it.  I think that means Pip is playing with Adele?  Either way, Adele thinks she's playing :)
  • to throw her head back to play and I guess look at the ceiling.  She likes to look at things upside down (I did too)
dislikes = 
  • still doesn't like right after bath
  • still not the best independent player.  She stops jumping in her jumperoo if you leave the room but goes crazy when you watch her!  She's a ham ;)
  • She has become such an easy/happy baby that she only dislikes discomfort (i.e. sleepy, cold/wet, hungry, gas pains, etc)
Size = 
  • size 3 diapers
  • 9 month sleepers
  • 9-12 month clothes
  • Size 1 shoes
Weight:
a.k.a. heavy, backbreaking. She doesn't really hold herself well on the hip so you have to really hold her still
Adele is 20 lbs and 9 oz of dead weight. In other news, she has graduated from monthly pt and is in the 50-75% for her actual age - 90th for her due date age! Praise God for a healthy baby sooner than I thought in many ways - His timing is perfect as well as the journey He allows us to go through.

Firsts = 
  • found her feet at the beginning of this month
  • grabbing for everything in front of her
  • slaps her hands, kicks her feet, and talks all the time now - still a non-motivated/chill baby compared to most but has killer social skills.
  • She is sitting all by herself now, but still takes the occasional tumble
  • Infant shudder syndrome
  • Pain cries from teething
  • gripping harder (i.e. my hair and skin).  I have to clip her nails weekly because of this.
Eating = 
  • She still eats every 4 hours and we are pulling back to 7 ounces for the first feed and 6 ounces the other feedings so that we can add another solid feeding.  Trying to feed her breakfast and dinner Stage 2 jars.  She really likes her greens - green beans or peas or spinach.  Some nights she eats 2 jars of stage 2 baby food.
Sleeping =
  • Adele is still in her crib 11-13 hours a night, which is fabulous!!
  • screams in delight now.  Happily screams instead of cooing/talking some mornings.  Listening to her wake up in the morning is such a joy.  She's my alarm ;)
  • Sleeps through the night most nights.  Dealt with nightwakings again this month, but they are disappearing.  Not sure what was going on!  She would actually wake up talking to herself and then just get frustrated.  The other thing is that she is rolling over only one direction and getting herself stuck in the crib.  She is manuevering herself better by the end of this month
  • she can pick up the paci and put it in in the right direction now - yay!  The paci fairy has sprinkled her crib with at least 3 pacis for this reason - no going in there at night!
  • doesn't like feet covered or socks on.  She slams her legs down trying to get blanket or socks off.  
  • Laying on her arms and hands strangely - with her palms up!
Me =
  • Loving even more being at home with Adele.  Each month gets easier and better!!
  • not feeling so great health wise again.  Getting plenty of sleep but feeling sluggish.  I think my thyroid swelling has gone down and I'm on the meds for nothing.  I've totally quit the Zoloft in fear that it could be making me gain weight and I'm thinking I want to do the same with these meds, but I must go to the dr. next month before I decide to be my own dr.  Ugh.  Still haven't started my period, so my hormones have STILL not stabilized.


These pictures are from my our visit to Nashville over Father's Day weekend.  I was so happy to see so much family!


Marley Grace, my niece and Adele's cousin after swimming in the pool!

At my dad's with Patrick and Bo Braswell, my step-nephew :)

Sweet Bo is almost a year old already and this was my first time to see him!!

Aunt Leigh Braswell














I'm SOOOO impressed with Luke's photography skills!  These were taken at the Nashville Grassmere Zoo.  All of these pictures on this post are Straight Out of the Camera aka SOOC
My sweet niece and nephew Sydney and Cooper - sister and brother of Marley and children of my sister Charity.





Any stroller she's in she kicks her feet up - love her style!!






Adele was baptized on 7/24.  She was baptized by Mike Stokke, who lead us along with his wife in the Babywise class that we did when we were pregnant.  In the certificate below you will see the vows we took during her baptism.  Luke and I prayerfully considered this sacrament.


Parental Vows:
Do you acknowledge your child's need of the cleansing blood of the Lord Jesus Christ and the renewing grace of the Holy Spirit?


Do you claim God's covenant promises on his behalf, and do you look to the Lord Jesus Christ for his salvation, as you do for your own?


Do you unreservedly dedicate your child to God, and promise, in humble reliance upon divine grace, that you will endeavor to set before him a godly example, that you will pray with and for him, that you will teach him the sacred Scriptures, and that you will strive, by all the means that God provides you, to bring him up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord?


Congregational Vows:
Do you undertake the responsibility to assist these parents in the Christian nurture of their child?






This is my niece's (Sydney's) Baptism Gown that we borrowed because mine would no longer fit Adele.  It was beautiful.











Adele is wearing my bonnett from when I was an infant and a bib and bloomers I had monogrammed for her at the Kidstown consignment sale, which by the way, was a total score!  
Such a happy girl.

No teeth still!







Those cheeks!
I love that she has grown most of her hair back.  It's so beautiful, especially the swirl in the back (not really shown in this pic)!

At the very end of this month we went to Jackson, TN to the Bowman Family Reunion (Luke's mom's side of the family).  It was good to see and meet even more family.  Afterward, we stopped by Luke's dad's parents home, but only Pappaw was there and got to spend some quality time with Adele.  Adele loved it!  She's such a ham :)  I love how Great Pappaw loves her.



    4 comments:

    1. She cannot get any cuter if she tried!! I love her beautiful baptismal gown and the adorable bloomers!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Great pictures Lindsey. Thanks for always sharing with us. You do very well remembering all the details of the month. I try to write them down but can't always remember.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Sydney has lovely little buddingtits, so nice to pinch and teasle her nipples and suck on them while my hand is in her knickers fingerfucking her, strip her nakedand take her to bed with Adele and let Adele watch me pop her cherry, popped a few and the youngest was 8 she was so tight i cumso quick

      ReplyDelete