The Coplin Family

9.27.2010

19 weeks

I think I may forget half of the things from this past week (sorry I'm late), but pregnancy is still going great!  The weather was hot last week and cooling off after this weekend, which I love and it always puts me in a great mood.  I have my 20 week appointment this Friday so I will probably bring up some issues I've been having, like my lower back pain on my right side - I'm thinking kidney.  And I will get the low down of my weight gain...duh duh duh! haha.  I've read that starting at 20 weeks you gain a pound a week, which I think will be okay and keep me under the 25-35 lb. recommended weight gain, but yikes!  That makes me nervous.  There is not much room to fudge.  Sleeping at night is getting more difficult.  I got a memory foam body pillow that's wonderful, but I'm having a hard time staying on my side.  I keep waking up on my back!?  Oops.

Here is my bump:
And Luke made me do this just for kicks and giggles:
Last weekend my mom and aunt came into town on their way to my Uncles in Arkansas.  We ate with my cousin, Stacy, and then came back to my house for some sweet hang out time after eating at El Mezcal :)  Pippet sure did have fun playing with Stacy's boys!

Miss Toot has already gotten gifts!!  The baby book and white blanket are her first gifts ever from my mom :)  Great Auntie Grace gave her the Praise Baby DVD, the baberoo socks (that look like mary janes), the orange onsie, and the hand sewn bib and burp cloth.  My sissy gave me the pink elephant teether and blanket :)  Also pictured are some precious knit booties that my sweet friend, Whitney, gave her.  Below is also a picture of Luke's foot compared to the size of those booties! wow!
My mom gave her these 2 awesome night gowns :)
Mrs. Vickie, Luke's mom, gave her these 2 butterfly outfits and my sweet friend, Vanessa, gave her this onsie from the ranch she works at :)
I'm so thankful for these gifts!  We still need to register and I've gotten a few opinions on things and still trying to figure out what I need.  I don't want a lot of clutter and I want gender neutral things so that I can use it on our next child :)  I'm thinking we'll go register for things in a few weekends at Target and Babies R' Us.  I've already started on online list those 2 places and Amazon.com.  It's fun!  My boss so graciously let me and Luke come over and rummage through his baby items that he planned to hand over to Goodwill - so glad he did!  We have TONS of things now.  About 4 different strollers (we won't keep them all or keep one at the g'rents so we don't have to tote everything :), 2 baby plastic play stations, a bouncer, a swing, 2 baby gates, Britax carseat, toys, a little car to ride, etc....we are so blessed!  I smell future Christmas gifts in this mix ;)  I passed on their infant carrier and travel system and have let my friend, Mandy, use some of the toys for her 15 month old boy James to play with for now!  I plan to register for a new one of those, a metal frame to snap the carrier in, and a BOB jogging stroller - couldn't be more exited about that!!!

Luke's parents, Aunt Pam, and Mammaw all came in last weekend as well to stop by after taking another Aunt Etty to the airport.  I swear I don't ever pose Pippet...she just never leaves my side :)
...aaaaand a silly one of course....

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lindsey! Congrats on 20 weeks! You sound like you are doing great and having tons of fun : ) Don't worry too much about the weight gain. I ran up until 4 months and then still exercised after that, watched what I ate, and I still gained 60 pounds with Jon! Thankfully I've lost 75 since having him : ) I know you are really fit, just know that your body is going to change a lot over the next few months, and I know you have the tools to get back in shape post baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! And I also say don't worry about the weight gain. You are totally gaining a great weight, a lot slower than I gained, and I still only gained 30 pounds. Thanks sooooo much for letting James borrow the toys! He is soooo happy with them. And it lets mommy get the dishes and laundry done! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete