The Coplin Family

9.14.2009

A poem to dog mom

My name is Pippet
I'm a Pointer-Whippet

I like to go on walks
and pounce away after I poop

one day I got free from the reins
and chased after some game

it turned out to be a stray dog
i stayed in tunnel vision - it's quite a fog

my mom ran after me
as far as she could

she ran back to get the car
like a good mom should

she was worried and cried
she thought I had died

but there i was standing on a corner
a few blocks over

i didn't know where I was
but then i heard my mom

i heard my name to come
and i leaped and bounded to her like I had done nothing wrong

i hopped in the car
tired from running so far

that night I was so happy to crawl in bed
bone and all to rest my little black head

i love my mom's lap
especially after that neighborhood lap

No comments:

Post a Comment